The Great Gobbler WonderWeek
Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016 – Sunday, Nov. 27, 2016
Gobble your way into the Children's Museum of Houston for Thanksgiving activities and traditions during the Great Gobbler WonderWeek!
Plus, don't miss the 11th annual Thanksgiving with Santa event happening on Sat., Nov. 26!
About the Programs & Activities
ONGOING THANKSGIVING ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS:
- Woven Paper Placemats: Design and weave strips of paper in fall colors to use as a placemat for Thanksgiving at Alexander Art Academy.
- Fall Leaves Turkey: Ruffle feathers and make a turkey out of leaves at EcoStation.
- Going on a Leaf Hunt: Look for fallen leaves in EcoStation and see if you can identify what tree they fell from at EcoStation.
- Thank You Tree: Write a thank you leaf and place it on the Thank You Tree at Junktion.
- I Only Have Pies for You: Build as many pies as possible while being the last person to find a piece of the pie at Math Cart.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world