That’s a Wrap
Thursday, Aug. 29, 2019 – Wednesday, Sep. 4, 2019
All good things must come to an end. Say goodbye to Action-Packed Summer during our last hoorah!
Event time: Aug. 29 - Sept. 4, 2019
- You're a Star: Step out on the boulevard and see your name in the stars! Make your own star in Junktion.
- Movie Reel: Make a good old-fashioned movie reel to keep your pictures rolling in Junktion.
- Clap Boards: Take 1! Keep your shots organized and get Hollywood ready with your own personalized clap board in Junktion.
- Super Powered Spin Art: Use super-sonic strength and speed to stretch paint across your canvas in Art Academy.
- Movie Studio - Green Screen: Annnnnd action! Gear up and star in your own mini-movie in Inventor's Workshop.
- Animation Studio: See how animation works and make your own short in Inventor's Workshop.
- Sound Studio: What's that sound? Use a soundboard to add an extra effect to your film in Inventor's Workshop.
- Narration Area: Use code to create a narration sequence for a character of your imagination in Inventor's Workshop.
- Mini-Magic Basin: Build a light-up spinning container for magical rheoscopic fluid in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Exploring the Universe - Temperature Mapping: See how scientists use filters to isolate particular types of energy when studying properties of object in space in Science Station.
- Fossil Footprint Identification: Find the clues to identify what animal the fossil is from in EcoStation.
- Sauropod Trackways: Learn what dinosaur foot prints can tell you in EcoStation!
**Events, activities and times are subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world