TEAGUE’S ANIMAL LEAGUE WONDERWEEK
Thursday, May. 23, 2019 – Wednesday, May. 29, 2019
Hang out with us and the dinos as we throw a WonderWeek inspired by Mark Teague's entertaining books. Dive into the tales of dinosaurs, a detective dog and letters to Mrs. LaRue. Found out answers to important questions like 'How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?' or 'How Do Dinosaurs Go To School?' We're kicking it with the dinos and dogs this WonderWeek as we dive into Teague's world.
Event: May 23-29, 2019
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Paper Plate Dinosaurs: Stegosaurus, pterodactyl or tyrannosaurus rex? Whichever you choose, make your dino full of color in Art Academy.
- Bookworm Bookmarks: Wiggle your way through a good book and let the worm you help you keep your spot in EcoStation.
- Field Guide to Native Plants: Grab your hiking boots and hats because you'll want to identify all the native plants after making this guide in EcoStation.
- Wearable Detective Hat: Make a hat just like Detective LaRue and go undercover in Junktion.
- Dinosaur Puppet: Make your dino friend and listen to the roar in Junktion.
- Paper Plate Dog Faces: Check out these cool pouches and learn how to make your own in Junktion.
- Animal Tangrams: Pick an animal and try to figure out how to fill the whole animal shape with tangrams in Math Cart.
- Tumor Paint: Learn how scorpion venom can assist doctors in tagging cancerous brain cells and then become a surgeon as you check the "cells" in Science Station.
- Iron in Cereal: Grab your favorite breakfast food and test to see how much iron you're eating in Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Watch as different liquids react to cabbage juice and test their pH levels of food we eat every day in Power Science Lab.
- Acid Levels in Juice: Grab your favorite juice and test its pH balance in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: check out the makeup behind strawberries as you learn all about DNA in Power Science Lab.
- Micro-Mania!: Check how micro-controllers work and see how they are used to make awesome inventions in Inventor's Workshop.
- PVC Instruments: Cut the PVC pipes and jam out to the song they make in Inventor's Workshop.
- How Do Dinosaurs Go To School?: Watch as these prehistoric students take on the classroom in the Brown Auditorium.
**Events, times and locations subject to change
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world