Target Halloween Monster Mayhem
Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2017 – Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2017
Magic, mystery and… MONSTERS! Have taken over the Children’s Museum of Houston as pandemonium is unleashed for three weeks during the “Halloween Monster Mayhem.” From October 10 to 31, 2017 we invite you to have a spine-tingling experience trick-or-treating, experimenting with monstrous matters, or participating in spirit-lifting activities. Guided by the dim lights of gaudy candelabras, wander through nerve-wracking havoc in search of goblin goodies, terrifying trinkets and more!
Target Special Halloween Activities:
- Go on a trick-or-treat monster hunt! 4 - 6 p.m. weekdays, 4 - 8 p.m. Thursdays, and all day weekends through Halloween Night!
- Move your bones to funky tunes at our spooktacular Halloween Monster Mash Bash on Oct. 31 (open until 8 p.m.)
HALLOWEEN MONSTER MASH BASH
Howl at the moon while you bask in Houston’s ultimate Halloween party for kids. Let the ghoul times roll as you boogie to the hauntingly hip tunes of a wicked DJ along with monstrous characters during the Monster Mashup at 4:30 p.m. Move your bones in the Thriller Dance Party at 5 p.m. Encapsulate Glow in The Dark Monster Slime. Then, trick-or-treat the night away. Be sure to come dressed in your most boo-tiful or frightfully freaky costume! Event time: Oct. 31 from 3 – 8 p.m. all throughout the Museum.
Pool Noodle Monsters: Feathers, antennas and googly eyes! Challenge your imagination to create the quirkiest creature of all out of a pool noodle
Event time: Oct. 14 from 1-4 p.m. in the Alexander Art Academy.
Magic by Jaime: Jaime Salinas, an award-winning, sleight-of-hand magician, and illusionist will perform his spooktacular magic show.
Event times: Oct. 19 at 6:30 p.m., and Oct. 21 from 2 and 3 p.m. in the Brown Auditorium
Frightening Fashion Show: Strut, twirl and dance across the stage in a frighteningly fierce fashion show. Create a costume out of recyclable materials, and strike a pose.Event time: Oct. 21 at 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. in Brown Auditorium.
Happy House: Watch before your very eyes the museum magically morph into the Happy House! Join Majic 102.1 FM, 97.9 The Box, and Boom 92 for a free, safe and friendly trick-or-treat party for your little ghosts, goblins and ghouls.
Event time: 5 to 8 p.m.
Hustletown Hoopers: Hula, holla HOOP! Sparkle, sparkly twirl and shine on over to this LED Hula Hoop Show that’s sure to amaze.
Event times: Oct. 28 at noon and 1 p.m. in the Brown Auditorium
CRUNCH THE NUMBERS WONDERWEEK
Sponsored by ExxonMobil
Ghouls, goblins and ghosts have descended upon the Children's Museum of Houston and we need your help to defeat them by using your math skills! Join us for a week-long filled with spooky sights during our Crunch the Numbers WonderWeek!
- Unleash the beast within you and turn your name into a frightening monster at Alexander Art Academy.
- Design your own wicked spider web by labeling the numbered dots around a web-slinging spider at EcoStation.
- Create a spook-tacular Halloween image by using symmetry at EcoStation.
- Come explore the physics behind how "ghost ring" vortexes move through the air at Science Station.
- Solve a puzzle and create hair-raising tangram animals at Junktion.
- Slithering snakes will delight you as you design your own snake bead bracelet at Junktion.
- Craft up your own sticky crawly spider web at Junktion.
IMAGINATION REANIMATION WONDERWEEK
OCT. 12 – 18
Sponsored by NRG
It’s alive! This electrifying WonderWeek is sure to bring your creativity to life.
- Create a work of art that is simply glowing in Alexander Art Academy.
- Recreate an electrifying experiment as you make a paper snake come to life in EcoStation.
- Wire together your own freaky Frankenstein and bride of Frankenstein masks in Junktion.
- Make ghoulish monsters come alive in 3-D by creating hologram pyramids at Science Station.
- It may be October, but that doesn’t stop the Houston heat! Create a mini solar fan that’ll blow away ghosts in Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
BUBBLE TROUBLES WONDERWEEK
OCT. 19 – 25
Sponsored by Target
Double, double, toil and trouble! Shakespeare couldn’t have imagined the trouble brewing.
- Mix potions and crazy color concoctions as you create your own bubble art of bats, cats and cauldrons in Alexander Art Academy.
- Experiment with magical potions of oil and water at EcoStation.
- Concoct enchanting Popsicle stick potion bottles with the eye of newt and scale of dragon and encase the magic or piece together a craft stick creature at Junktion.
- Conjure up dry ice ghost bubbles and watch them vanish before your eyes in Science Station.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world