SWEETIE PIE PONIES
Saturday, Jun. 29, 2019 – Saturday, Jun. 29, 2019
11:00 AM – 02:00 PM
Dust off your boots because some ponies are coming to the Children's Museum of Houston! Gallop on over to meet Sweetie Pie Ponies and snap a super sweet selfie.
Event time: June 29, 2019 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Weather Station
- Meet Toy Story's Woody and Jessie: Mosey on down to meet this beloved boot-wearing duo!
- Event time: June 29 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Kids' Hall Alcove
- Animation Workshop: After your meet Woody and Jessie, learn to draw the whole Toy Story crew with local artist Chris Navarrete in a 30-minute workshop.
- Event time: June 29 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the top of every hour in Art Academy*
*Space is limited
MOVIE OF THE WEEK
- "The Mysterious Tadpole": A fun story of Louis and a tadpole that was a birthday gift from his Scottish uncle plucked out of Loch Ness. With a little help from his friends, Louis’ “tadpole” grew, and grew, and grew...
- Showtime: Beginning at 12:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
*Movie times subject to change to allow programming events
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Flip-O-Rama: Make your own animations using still images in Art Academy.
- Fossil Identification: Become an archaeologist and see if you can ID these dinos in EcoStation.
- Dinosaur Enclosure Design: See you can design a habitat fit for (and can hold) a T-Rex in EcoStation.
- Cowboy Hat: Gear up for Toy Story day and make a hat just like Woody's in Junktion.
- Space Wings: Fly like Buzz Lightyear and make his iconic wings in Junktion.
- You're a Star: Step out onto the Hollywood Walk of Fame and see your name. Make your own star in Junktion.
- Expanding Universe: Learn how the universe is growing and moving with a hands-on stretchy model of space in Science Station.
- Iron in Cereal: Grab your favorite breakfast food and test to see how much iron you're eating in Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Watch as different liquids react to cabbage juice and test their pH levels of food we eat every day in Power Science Lab.
- Acid Levels in Juice: Grab your favorite juice and test its pH balance in Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Our Bodies at Work: Check out how our stomach digest food through this cool experiment in Power Science Lab.
- Magic Flying Ball: Make a Quidditch Snitch that flaps its wings in Inventor's Workshop.
***Event, times and locations subject to change
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world