Sunday Family Zone + Studio “Technology in Art: Exploring a Work by Nam June Paik”
Sunday, Nov. 15, 2015
01:00 PM – 04:00 PM
About the Recurring Event
This suite of programs includes:
- Sunday Storybook Circle Make connections between a storybook and a work of art in the galleries. (Begins at 1:30 pm)
- Creation Station At this studio workshop, a teaching artist encourages families to make art using materials or ideas similar to those used by the artist who created the day's featured work of art on display in the Family Zone.
- Gallery Adventures Visit the Family Zone, where a museum educator has looking games, books, and hands-on activities for families to use in the galleries.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Feb. 27 – Nov. 8, 2020
Through an African Lens: Sub-Saharan Photography from the Museum’s Collection
Jan. 9 – Nov. 15, 2020
Proof of Concept: Artistic Process in Contemporary Printmaking, Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world