Sunday Family Studio
Sunday, Feb. 4, 2018 – Sunday, Feb. 4, 2018
02:30 PM – 03:30 PM
► February 4 Theme
“Overt Ornamentation: Exploring Form and Decoration”
• $6 per child for MFAH members
• $8 per child for nonmembers
Adults can attend for free with general admission.
Secure your child’s spot in advance! Get online tickets below.
Families can enjoy time in the art studio creating their own masterpieces together! Inspired by a different work of art each Sunday, participants in this studio workshop use high quality materials and tools, giving families the opportunity to better understand the techniques artists use to make art.
Each workshop offers two sessions: one at 1 p.m. and a second at 2:30 p.m. Recommended for ages 5+
About the Programs & Activities
Sunday, Feb 4: 1 p.m.
Sunday, Feb 18: 1 p.m.
Sunday, Feb 18: 2:30 p.m.
Sunday, Mar 4: 1 p.m.
Sunday, Mar 4: 2:30 p.m.
Sunday, Mar 18: 1 p.m.
Sunday, Mar 18: 2:30 p.m.
Sunday, Apr 1: 1 p.m.
Sunday, Apr 1: 2:30 p.m.
Sunday, Apr 15: 1 p.m.
Sunday, Apr 15: 2:30 p.m.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- General Admission: MFAH Members-FREE Adult-$15 ($14 Online); Senior (65+) $10 ($9 Online); Youth (13-18) $7.50 ($6.50 Online); Child (12 & younger) FREE; Military (ID Required) $10; Student (ID Required) $7.50 Ticketed exhibitions require an additional admission charge. Free Hours: FREE THURSDAY 10 am - 9 pm
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Enlarge the map to see main-campus parking options, or download the PDF.
Parking update: A new underground parking garage, located on Montrose Boulevard, is now open!
- The outdoor parking lot on Bissonnet, across from the Law Building, is closed permanently.
- Parking is available in two garages: an above-ground garage at 1144 Binz Street, and a new underground garage at 5101 Montrose Blvd.
- Guests with limited mobility: We recommend that you use the covered drop-off lane at the Main Street entrance to the Beck Building, or use wheelchair-accessible parking in the garage at 1144 Binz Street.
Parking Garage Locations
- 1144 Binz Street
- 5101 Montrose Boulevard
Parking Fees*Parking payments may be made only with a major credit card. Also accepted: MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
MFAH Members Visitors 0–30 minutes FREE FREE 31 minutes–4 hours $6 $10 4–12 hours $10 $18 12–24 hours $35 $35
HoursBoth parking garages are open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Feb. 18 – Feb. 18, 2017
Members Tour “Two Centuries of American Still-Life Painting: The Frank and Michelle Hevrdejs Collection”
Oct. 11 – Feb. 25, 2018
A History of Photography: Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Oct. 21 – Apr. 29, 2018
The Design Reformation in Europe, 1845–1915: Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Nov. 30 – May. 13, 2018
Reflection and Enlightenment: Chinese Buddhist Gilt Bronzes from the Jane and Leopold Swergold Collection
Feb. 21 – Feb. 21, 2018
Kinder Institute for Urban Research Forum Lecture: Harriet Tregoning on Recovering from Natural Disasters
Feb. 19 – Feb. 19, 2018
Exclusive Tour “Passion for Perfection: The Straus Collection of Renaissance Art”
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world