SUMMER OF EPIC ADVENTURE – FORCES UNITE
Saturday, May. 23, 2015 – Monday, Sep. 7, 2015
OPEN SEVEN DAYS A WEEK ALL SUMMER LONG!
Kids can gear up, train up and put their powers to the test! Superheroes will rise during the Summer of Epic Adventure: Forces Unite. Dr. Boredom has stolen all superheroes and villains’ powers, and it’s up to the kids to help forces unite, beat Boredom and all that stands against summer fun!
Kids shouldn't miss action-packed activities, epic showdown performances, character appearances and extraordinary events!
Daily epic adventures include:
- Get Your Gear On – Superheroes can’t rely on their superpowers alone – they’ve got to look the part! Make your own costume, emblem, gadgets, vehicles and more.
- Epic Experiences – It takes both physical and mental training to be super! We will put you through both all summer long.
- Live Musical Production – Don’t miss “Forces Unite,” an action packed adventure complete with a chase scene and a new musical number!
About the Programs & Activities
SPECIAL EVENTS INCLUDE:
June 27: Superman's Birthday
Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. The Man of Steel will “fly in” to the Children’s Museum of Houston this summer to celebrate his own birthday on June 27. Superman™ first appeared in Action Comics, on June 30, 1938.
July 4: Kidpendence Day
Exercise your right to be a kid as long as possible with some good ole American fun when the Museum celebrates Kidpendence Day on July 4, complete with a parade, brass band, patriotic elephant toothpaste and more!
July 19: Ice Cream Day Celebration
Come chill out and make your own ice cream in celebration of National Ice Cream Day!
August 1: Spider-man Day
Our spidey senses are tingling! Get tangled in a web of excitement when Spider-Man makes an appearance to celebrate Spider-Man day!
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world