Sunday, Apr. 23, 2017 – Sunday, Apr. 23, 2017
Dive into the magical world of musical storytelling by Chloe’ Squared a Violin and Harp Duo who will perform well-known selections such as Sleeping Beauty, the Carnival of Animals, West Side Story, The Sound of Music, and the Nutcracker.
Event Time: 1 p.m. in Alcove.
- Torn Paper Collages: Rip paper into shreds to create a collage at Alexander Art Academy.
- Sensory Book: Create a book with different textures you can find outside in the environment at EcoStation.
- Are You My Bat Baby?: Use your sense of smell to match bats to their mothers at EcoStation.
- Sensory Hot Air Balloon: Create your own beautiful sensory hot air balloon and learn about different types of textures at Junktion.
- Paper Plate Tambourine: Band away and create your own homemade tambourine at Junktion.
- Veggies Crown: Create your own Edgy Veggie Crown and learn about different types of healthy vegetables at Junktion.
- Fitness Check- Peripheral Vision: Use pre-made targets and a large protractor table diagram to learn about your peripheral vision at Science Station.
- Troxler's Effect: Discover the optical illusion created as tired nerve cells in your eyes begin to ignore parts of unmoving and unchanging images at Science Station.
- Anamorphic Art: Use a concave mirror to adjust perspective of distorted images and create your own piece of art using a technique that dates back to the 16th century at Science Station.
- Toy Take Apart: Discover how toys light up, make noise and move at the Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex. Event time:Tues, 4-6 p.m., Wed. and Fri., 2-6 p.m. Thurs., 2-8 p.m., Sat., 12-4 p.m., and Sun., 12-6 p.m.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world