Spotlight Performance: Kataka Violin
Saturday, Jun. 13, 2015
Kids can enjoy the powerful sounds of Japanese string ensemble Kataka Violin as part of Summer of Epic Adventure: Forces Unite.
The spotlight performance takes place in the Brown Auditorium.
The Kataoka Violin School is a Houston-based group of young violinists, ages 3-17, who learn through the Suzuki Method. The ensemble has been featured in performances at the Japan Festival, the Children's Museum, various retirement homes and held a benefit concert in collaboration with the American Red Cross at the Kingwood Country Club for the tsunami victims in Japan.
About the Performance
- Guardian of the Dance: Make your Groot puppet show off his dance moves at Junktion.
- The Darkest Knight Mask: Transform into the masked Dark Knight at Junktion.
- Hero Beacon: Power up with your own Iron Man Arc Reactor at Junktion.
- Geometric Building: Discover strong building possibilities at Inventors’ Workshop.
- Yarn Painting: Weave your way to a wild web creation at Alexander Art Academy.
- Honeycomb Structures: Use the powerful hexagon to make your honeycomb at EcoStation.
- Just a Minute: Estimate how quick a minute can fly by at ExxonMobil Math Cart.
- Story Time: Read Caralyn Buehner’s “Dex – the Heart of a Hero” at the Parent Resource Library.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world