SomeSpring Wonderful Week
Thursday, Apr. 11, 2019 – Wednesday, Apr. 17, 2019
Spring is in the air and fun is in the Children's Museum! Kick off the Springtime festivities with us. Get inspired by nature this Wonderweek and let your creativity bloom. Make floral crafts to show off your inner flower child. All this and more for a flower-filled week of fun!
Event: April 11-17, 2019
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Recycled Gardens: Repurpose items to make a beautiful garden of flowers, vegetables and butterflies in Art Academy.
- Water Cycle in a Bag: Watch and learn as you see how the spring rain is made in EcoStation.
- I Know the Rainbow: Draw the colors of the rainbow after seeing how white light is made up of all the colors in EcoStation.
- Perplexing Paper: Make "alphabet soup" as this magical science paper dissolves in water in Science Station.
- Flower Crown: Show off your Springtime style as you make these floral accessories in Junktion.
- Tissue Paper Flowers: Make a beautiful bouquet to get in the spirit of Spring in Junktion.
- Paper Plate Tamborine: Celebrate the season as you beat to the rhythm of Spring in Junktion.
- Geometric Flowers: Make floral arrangements out of fun shapes in Math Cart.
- Iron in Cereal: Grab your favorite breakfast food and test to see how much iron you're eating in Power Science Lab.
- Testing for Reducing Sugars: Test everyday foods and see how much sugar could be hiding in Power Science Lab.
- Acid Levels in Juice: Grab your favorite juice and test its pH balance in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Check out the makeup behind strawberries as you learn all about DNA in Power Science Lab.
- Mini Wind Turbines: Learn about wind energy and make your own turbines in Inventor's Workshop.
- Protect the Egg: See if you can build a nest that will protect your egg or it'll be sunny side up in Inventor's Workshop.
**Events, times and locations subject to change
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world