Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019 – Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019
Calling all mortals and monsters! Witness two teams as they get totally slimed in the Children's Museum of Houston's 3rd Annual "Slime Off!" Catch a slippery, slimy and sloppy dose of gross as two teams compete in a series of sticky challenges. Come support these brave souls as they brave being doused with 15-gallons of green ooey-goey concoction. Don’t forget your goo goggles!
Event time: Oct. 26, 2019
- Mad Science Shows: Catch Mad Science Houston put on a slime-tacular spooky fun science show.
- Event time: 11 a.m., 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
- Slime Workshops: It's all in the recipe. Brew your slimey goo and learn the science behind slime in this special workshop for kids 6+. Pre-registration required.
- 3rd Annual Slime Off!: Support the brave souls that will compete in a series of sticky challenges or be one of them! Who will get slimed with 15 gallons of ooey gooey concoction this year?!
- Event time: 2:30 p.m. in the Courtyard
- Registration will be onsite between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. in the Courtyard.*
*Please note: Must be between 8 and 13 years old to participate in Slime Off. Registration does not guarantee space. Names of selected children will be drawn at 1:30 p.m. in the Courtyard. Must be present to be selected. Once selected, parents must sign a waiver form.
**Activities, events and times subject to change.
SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN HAPPENINGS:
- Trick-or-treat daily! 4 - 6 p.m. weekdays, 4 - 8 p.m. Thursdays, and all day weekends thru Halloween Night!
- Meet some new friends during Creepy Crawly Creatures on Oct. 12
- Join the ghoul group for a day of ghastly costumes, weird workshops and monstrous moves during Zombies, Ghosts and Ghouls on Oct. 19
- Move your bones to funky tunes at our spooktacular Halloween Happy House on Oct. 31 (open until 8 p.m.)
Check out our web calendar for a full dose of Halloween events.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world