Silly Shoes Author Reading
Saturday, Apr. 22, 2017 – Saturday, Apr. 22, 2017
Prepare yourself to have a fun-filled morning with Lawson Gow, local Houston children's book author. His book Silly Shoes is a collection of whimsical and endearing poems that are sure to put a smile on your face.
Event time: 11 a.m. in Brown Auditorium.
- Color Your World: Create an artwork that's environmentally friendly by adding color and design to our washable fabric at Art Academy.
- A Stick Is An Excellent Thing: Read poems that celebrate the outdoors and see which objects referenced can be found in our around at Ecostation!
- Recycling Song: Create your own recycling song as a reminder to care for the earth all year long at Ecostation.
- Dyno Mask: Become one of the most fearsome creatures to ever walk the earth after reading the book, How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? at Junktion.
- Green Eggs and Ham Hat: Make your very own green eggs and ham hat at Junktion!
- Dancing Giraffe: Make your own dancing giraffe after reading the book Giraffe's Can't Dance at Junktion.
- Earth Day Pattern Party: Take turns trying to fish for the pieces to complete the pattern at Math Cart!
- Toy Take Apart: Discover how toys light up, make noise and move at the Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.Event time:Tues, 4-6 p.m., Wed. and Fri., 2-6 p.m. Thurs.,2-8 p.m., Sat.,12-4 p.m., and Sun.,12-6 p.m.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world