Thursday, Feb. 28, 2019 – Wednesday, Mar. 6, 2019
Stretch your imagination with this Seussabration. Join us as we celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday all week long. Participate in activities inspired by Dr.Seuss' famous characters and books like "Horton Hears a Who", "The Cat in the Hat" and more!
Event: Feb. 28-Mar. 6, 2019
**Event and times subject to change
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK:
- Many Colors of Me: Inspired by Dr. Seuss' "My Many Colored Days", create your own colorful scratch paper artwork in Art Academy.
- Speak for the Trees: Create your own Lorax and help him come to life in EcoStation.
- The Lorax's Truffula Tree Seed: Fill the world with color with these sunflower seeds you can take home and watch grow in EcoStation.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Stuffed Fish for You! : Create your own stuffed red fish, blue fish in Junktion.
- Horton (H)Ear's a Who: Create your own floppy Horton ears in Junktion.
- Cat in the Hat Mask: Become the infamous and mischievous 'Cat in the Hat' with these fun mask in Junktion.
- One Fish, Two Fish: Play this colorful fish counting game in Math Cart.
- Chemistry Makes Scents!: Create the molecular model of green eggs and ham in Science Station.
- The Olfactory Knows: Smell like Horton and use your nose in this matching game in Power Science Lab.
- Testing for Reducing Sugars: Do you know how much sugar is in green eggs and ham? We'll put it to the test in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: This experiment will let you see things as small as Whoville in Power Science Lab.
- Starch Testing: Test for starch in common foods we eat every day and learn how it fits into your diet in Power Science Lab.
- 3D Print Custom Legos: Design your own Lego and use a 3D printer to watch it come to life in Inventor's Workshop.
- Leather Keychain: Create your own keychain and watch it come together after a craft cutter cuts your design in Inventor's Workshop.
- Lego Craftsmanship: Use over-sized Lego blocks to build the furniture of the future in Inventor's Workshop.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world