Sensory Friendly Day
Monday, Feb. 19, 2018 – Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
10:00 AM – 03:00 PM
The Children’s Museum of Houston invites you to an exclusive event for children with Autism. Sensory Friendly Day is an opportunity for kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to explore the Museum. Doors will be closed to the public. There will be no music and sound-reducing headphones will be available. Outside food and drinks will be allowed (Fresh Café will be closed). Pre-registration required.
Event Time: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Houston Ballet: Get your body moving through Houston Ballet’s “Adapted Dance” program.
- Event Time: 10 a.m. to noon in PowerPlay Alcove.
- Faithful Paws: Fuzzy, friendly and fluffy all over! Therapy dogs are sure to bring a smile.
- Event time: 10 to noon in Tree Top Discovery Room.
- Reel Abilities Film Festival Experience inspirational films that celebrate the lives, stories, and talents of people with disabilities
- Event Time: 10 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
Admission is just $5 per person. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission. To register, please contact Lydia Dungus at (713) 535-7238.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world