Sensory Friendly Day
Monday, Oct. 14, 2019 – Monday, Oct. 14, 2019
10:00 AM – 03:00 PM
The Children’s Museum of Houston invites you to an exclusive event for children with Autism. Sensory Friendly Day is an opportunity for kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to explore the Museum. Doors will be closed to the public. There will be no music and sound-reducing headphones will be available.
Outside food and drinks will be allowed (Fresh Café will be closed).
Event time: Oct. 14, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Trick-or-Treat: As you enjoy and explore the Museum, stop by each Trick-or-Treat station for a special treat!
- Event time and location: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. throughout the Museum
- Social Thinking Storytime: Join Little Stories Child Development and Learning Center for three storytimes.
- Event time and location: 11, 11:45 a.m. and 1 p.m. in Parent Resource Library
- Houston Ballet: Learn about the Adapted Dance program from Artist Katey Tidwell.
- Event time and location: 10 a.m. to noon in Power Play Alcove
- Caring Critters: Come interact with wonderful therapy pups.
- Event time and location: 10 a.m. to noon in Tree Top
Share your experience with #LightItUpBlue and tag us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter!
Event Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
***Activities, events and times are subject to change.
Admission is just $5 per person. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission. To register, please contact Lydia Dungus at (713) 535-7238.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- Admission is just $5 per person. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission. To register, please contact Lydia Dungus at (713) 535-7238.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world