SEASONS OF SHARING WONDERWEEK
Monday, Dec. 2, 2019 – Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019
Join us as we celebrate cultural holidays, practices and traditions from around the world during our Seasons of Sharing WonderWeek from Dec. 2 to 11. With more than 100 languages spoken throughout the city, many cultures from around the globe call Houston home.
Event time: Dec. 2-11, 2019
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Thumbprint Holiday Lights: Put together a bright and festive holiday card to give to your friends or family at Alexander Art Academy.
- Jolly Holly Memory Game: Learn all about holiday plants and the history of how they came to be in this matching game in EcoStation.
- Natural Ornaments: Create delicate decor by combining natural fibers with things found in nature in EcoStation.
- 7 Principles of Kwanzaa Hat: Make a hat that displays the seven principles of Kwanzaa at Junktion.
- Las Posadas Star Piñata: Celebrate Las Posadas by creating your own piñata at Junktion.
- Scandinavian Woven Heart: Craft your own Scandinavian woven heart basket at Junktion.
- Let it Snow! Discover the power of super absorbent polymers when you see snow created right before your eyes in Science Station.
- Hot Chocolate Counting: The weather outside is frightful, so go grab a mug of hot chocolate and count your marshmallows in Math Cart.
- Light-Up Christmas Ornament: Laser cut a custome ornament and add LED lights to make it pop in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Snow Globes: You'll never want to use a lamp again with this glowy winter-themed snow globe designed, assembled and finished by you in Maker Annex!
- Holiday Toy Workshop: No need to go to the North Pole to build your toys. Stop by to create classic and modern holiday toys in Inventor's Workshop.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world