SEASONS OF SHARING WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Dec. 13, 2018 – Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2018
Join us as we celebrate cultural holidays, practices and traditions from around the world during our Seasons of Sharing WonderWeek from Dec. 13 to 19. With more than 100 languages spoken throughout the city, many cultures from around the globe call Houston home.
- Dec. 15-16: Merry Making: You’re invited to a holiday merry making extravaganza which will include designing your own holiday wrapping paper, making classic holiday toys, using computer coding software to program a holiday tree light show, making ugly holiday vests with LEDs. Plus, save $3 off admission when you wear an ugly sweater!
- Event time: All day
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?
- Mixed Media Greeting Cards: Put together a bright and festive holiday card to give to your friends or family at Alexander Art Academy.
- Match that Snowflake: Pair parts of snowflakes to their crystal structure in EcoStation.
- Create a Snowflake: Create your own fractalated snowflake in EcoStation.
- Catch the Snowflake: Be the first to catch 10 snowflakes in Math Cart.
- Let It Snow: Witness the power of super-absorbent polymers transform into snow before your very eyes in Science Station.
- 7 Principles of Kwanzaa Hat: Make a hat that displays the seven principles of Kwanzaa at Junktion.
- Las Posadas Star Piñata: Celebrate Las Posadas by creating your own piñata at Junktion.
- Scandinavian Woven Heart: Craft your own Scandinavian woven heart basket at Junktion.
- The Olfactory Knows: Play a matching game with your nose and learn the physiology behind your sniffer in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Extract and examine DNA found in strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Watch how the anthocyanin in cabbage juice changes colors from deep red to green depending on pH of the substance to which it is added at Power Science Lab.
- Starch Testing: Discover the role starch plays in your diet and test for its presence in different household items at Power Science Lab.
- Christmas Ornaments: Laser cut your own Christmas ornament, then add some LED's or vinyl stickers to bring it to life in Chevron Maker Annex.
- DIY String Lights: Light up your Christmas decorations by making your own string lights in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Snow Globes: Make your own winter wonderland within a snow globe in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Programmable Tree Lights: Code a holiday light show and wrap it around your tree in Inventor's Workshop.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world