Thursday, May. 25, 2017 – Thursday, Sep. 7, 2017
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK THROUGH LABOR DAY!
The Children’s Museum of Houston’s “Sci-Fi Summer” will take you to infinity and beyond! Now through Labor Day weekend, you’re invited to take off on an out-of-this world adventure where imagination and reality collide. Come and explore the endless possibilities of time, space and mind-boggling discoveries where there are no limits to where you’re going, even if it means doing it all over again. The future is what you make of it now! Teleport to your own “Sci-Fi Summer” adventure and imagine what you’ll know tomorrow! It’s a “Sci-Fi Summer” at the Children’s Museum of Houston!
SCI-FI ALL DAY EXPERIENCES
- Robotics Lab: Come and explore the endless possibilities of time, space and mind-boggling discoveries where there are no limits to where you’re going, even if it means doing it all over again. Be in for a shock as you create your own unique Scribble Bot and create dynamic drawings using Lego® elements in the Robotics Lab.
Event time: All Day in Invention Convention.
- Galactic Ranger Training: Join a galaxy ranger team and protect the Space Port from incoming asteroids by using a catapult to launch pulsar orbs.
Event time: All Day in Power Play Lower.
- "The Galactic Journey" Live Production: Experience a close encounter of a rockin’ kind! Travel through intergalactic wormholes and dimensions during an action-packed live production of “The Galactic Journey.”
Event Times: Now - Aug. 12; Mon.– Sat.: 11:30 a.m., 1:30 and 3:00 p.m.; Sundays: 1:30, 3 and 4 p.m. in Brown Auditorium.
- Make a transport interchange at the Museum's all-new "Coding Hangout" exhibit where you create code to bring imaginings to life - it does compute!
- Go in search of E.O. (extraordinary) characters.
- Unlock your curiosity and tap into S.E.C.R.E.T. discoveries by going on undercover mission.
- Summer Sci-Fi Character Appearances: Stop by for a meet-and- greet with special characters.
Event Times: Mon. - Sat., 11:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Sundays: 1-5 p.m.
- Infinity Mirror: Cross interstellar galaxies and beam into infinity using an Infinity Mirror. Then freeze time by capturing the moment with a selfie!
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world