Sci-Fi Summer Science Show
Tuesday, Jul. 4, 2017 – Tuesday, Jul. 4, 2017
Stop by the Children's Museum of Houston and discover the science behind the super cold with demonstrations using liquid nitrogen. When things get extremely cold, their physical properties change in fantastic ways. We will explore cloud formation, pressure waves, superconductivity, and of course we're going to freeze and break a lot of stuff in celebration of our Sci-Fi Summer.
- The Dark Side: Help balance the forces of light and dark with an artsy project inspired by the Nōtan art of Japan at Alexander Art Academy.
- Alien Invader Rings: Learn about the "dirty dozen" invasive species that threaten Texas forests and create your own ring to help identify them at Ecostation.
- Invasive Species Matching Game: Learn about invasive species that can damage our ecology in Texas and what you can do help at EcoStation.
- Darth Vader and Storm Trooper Masks: Become the most infamous sci-fi villain and one his minions at Junktion.
- EX-TER-MI-NATE: Create your own Dalek, the villainous droids from Dr. Who at Junktion.
- Secret Fortress: Try to hide your villain in a secret fortress where no one can find them at ExxonMobile Math Cart.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world