Sunday, Aug. 20, 2017 – Sunday, Aug. 27, 2017
Sunday, Aug 20: 5 p.m.
Friday, Aug 25: 7 p.m.
Sunday, Aug 27: 5 p.m.
“Directed by Academy Award–winner Thomas Lennon and shot around the world by 40 filmmaking teams, Sacred immerses the viewer in an exploration of spirituality across cultures and religions. This nomadic film explores faith as primary human experience and shows how people turn to ritual and prayer to navigate the milestones and crises of life.
“Lennon commissioned or sourced footage from top independent filmmakers from more than 25 countries and a wide range of religious traditions, each team contributing a single scene. The film, sweeping in its global reach and yet intensely intimate, unifies these scenes into a single work, told without narration, without experts and, for long stretches, without words at all.” —Ashland Independent Film Festival
• Winner of Special Jury Prize for Documentary Feature at the River Run Film Festival
“For its beautiful portrayal of spirituality in its myriad forms, the wonder inherent in our unique ambition to strive for the transcendent, and how our traditions and disparate practices each reflect the multiplicity of paths taken on a shared journey of faith, the Jury gives a special mention to Sacred.”
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- General Admission: MFAH Members-FREE Adult-$15 ($14 Online); Senior (65+) $10 ($9 Online); Youth (13-18) $7.50 ($6.50 Online); Child (12 & younger) FREE; Military (ID Required) $10; Student (ID Required) $7.50 Ticketed exhibitions require an additional admission charge. Free Hours: FREE THURSDAY 10 am - 9 pm
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Enlarge the map to see main-campus parking options, or download the PDF.
Parking update: A new underground parking garage, located on Montrose Boulevard, is now open!
- The outdoor parking lot on Bissonnet, across from the Law Building, is closed permanently.
- Parking is available in two garages: an above-ground garage at 1144 Binz Street, and a new underground garage at 5101 Montrose Blvd.
- Guests with limited mobility: We recommend that you use the covered drop-off lane at the Main Street entrance to the Beck Building, or use wheelchair-accessible parking in the garage at 1144 Binz Street.
Parking Garage Locations
- 1144 Binz Street
- 5101 Montrose Boulevard
Parking Fees*Parking payments may be made only with a major credit card. Also accepted: MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
MFAH Members Visitors 0–30 minutes FREE FREE 31 minutes–4 hours $6 $10 4–12 hours $10 $18 12–24 hours $35 $35
HoursBoth parking garages are open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Jan. 30 – Jan. 28, 2018
Arts of Islamic Lands: Selections from The al-Sabah Collection, Kuwait
Jul. 1 – Sep. 24, 2017
Rebel, Jester, Mystic, Poet: Contemporary Persians—The Mohammed Afkhami Collection
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world