“Royals” Doggie Day
Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019 – Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019
01:00 PM – 04:00 PM
Bring your favorite canine pals to a fun-filled afternoon on The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza! Dress up your crowd-friendly, leashed dogs for activities inspired by the dogs on view in the portraits of Tudors to Windsors: British Royal Portraits from Holbein to Warhol. Be sure to visit the exhibition beforehand for inspiration from 500 years of British royalty.
- The “Most Regal” dog-costume competition begins at 2:45 p.m. Spots are limited, so arrive early to sign up. The winner receives a dog-spa appointment valued at $150. Special guest judges include Houston Chronicle writer Amber Elliott and Julie Keck with Jackson the Dalmatian
- Walk your pup in the royal pawrade, open to all
- Enjoy refreshments by Big Boss Bites and Popston
- Stop by the doggie-portrait photo booth to snap memorable pics
- Join in art-making activities to craft royal collars and crowns (for both pets and people!)
- Visit the vendors, including the Barkday Planner, Best Friends Animal Society, Kim Tonks Photography, Three Dog Bakery, and Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming
- And more!
Drop in! This event is free. Admission to “Tudors to Windsors: British Royal Portraits from Holbein to Warhol” is available separately.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Jan. 19 – Jan. 19, 2017
Programs & Activities
Emperors’ Treasures: Chinese Art from the National Palace Museum, Taipei
Aug. 21 – Feb. 3, 2019
Always Greener: Seeing and Seeking Suburbia—Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Oct. 7 – Jan. 27, 2019
Tudors to Windsors: British Royal Portraits from Holbein to Warhol
Sep. 12 – Feb. 24, 2019
A History of Photography: Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Nov. 2 – Mar. 24, 2019
Garden Paradise: The Magnificent Safavid Carpet from the Burrell Collection, Glasgow
Dec. 8 – Jun. 9, 2019
Mending: Craft and Community—Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Jan. 30 – Dec. 29, 2019
Arts of Islamic Lands: Selections from The al-Sabah Collection, Kuwait
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world