REEL Abilities Film Week
Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017 – Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017
Join us as we celebrate the REEL Abilities Film Week to admire the lives of those who live with disabilities who have made an impact on those around them. We will be featuring two films for families to view in Brown Auditorium. Children will receive a free book.
- Macropolis: Come watch as two toys made at a factory are thrown out, and together attempt to be put on a store shelf.
- Littler Hero: A 6-year-old boy with autism is ssen through his twin sister's eyes.
- Colorful Chemistry Creations: Create an original piece of art using watercolors made from cabbage juice at Alexander Art Academy.
- Animal Tapestries: Weave colorful animal pictures on a loom at EcoStation.
- Natural vs. Synthetic: Examine fabrics under a microscope at EcoStation.
- Cardboard Carbon Atom: Learn about the structure of an atom when you make your own out of cardboard at Junktion.
- Longest Polymer Paper Chain: Make a polymer paper chain at Junktion.
- Man in the Yellow Hat, Hat: Become the famous Man in the yellow hat when you create your own at Junktion.
- Animal Tapestries: Use problem solving and observation skills to weave colorful animal pictures on a loom at Ecostation.
- Crazy for Chemistry: Examine different fabrics under a magnifying lens and figure out which are natural and which are synthetic at Ecostation.
- Cotton Ball Estimation: Discover how many cotton balls are in a container at ExxonMobil Math Cart.
- Polymer Worms: Museum guests will combine calcium chloride and sodium alginate that will then react to product a gummy, polymerworm at Science Station.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world