Read Aloud Night At The Museum
Thursday, Mar. 30, 2017 – Thursday, Mar. 30, 2017
Celebrate Read Aloud Month with a free night at the Children's Museum of Houston on Thursday, March 30. Help us raise literacy brand awareness in our community and discover the fun and love while reading.
Event time: 5-8 p.m. at Brown Auditorium
- Read Aloud Story Time: Listen to Author Varsha Bajaj read, This is our Baby, The Magic Hat by Mem Fox, and Moose Tracks by Karma Wilson. Event Time: 5:30 p.m. a.m. in Brown Auditorium.
- Wild About Books Bilingual Story Time: Families are invited to wear their favorite character book costume and create a banner of their favorite book and then parade around Kids' Hall. Event time: 5:10, 6:00, and 7:00 pm
- Aamograph Art: Create a 3D work of art that morphs from one image into another as you move past it at Art Academy.
- Animals That Morph: Play this matching game to learn about animals that go through metamorphoses during their life cycles at EcoStation.
- Life Cycle Bracelets: Create your own bracelet showing an animal morphing through different stages of its life at EcoStation.
- Go, Go Power Rangers Mask: Transform into the Power Rangers when you make this mask at Junktion.
- Superhero Power Up: Choose your favorite superhero that you watch to help energize by powering them up in this fun hands on, interactive activity at Math Cart.
- Toy Take Apart: Discover how toys light up, make noise and move through this facinating activity at Maker Annex.
- Rotocopters to the Rescue: Build and fly your own Rotocopter while learning how Bernoulli’s principles and the Coanda Effect keep your craft spinning through the air at Science Station.
- Benham’s Disk: Visitors will explore the phenomenon of Fechner colors as they assemble and test Benham’s Disk, a spinning toy developed in the 1800s at Science Station.
- Seatbelt Safety: Visitors will explore momentum and the role seatbelts play in keeping passengers safe during a crash at Science Station.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world