Press Play WonderWeek
Thursday, Feb. 1, 2018 – Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018
Game on! Come out and explore your imagination as we celebrate an action-packed week filled with daring challenges, sights, and sounds during our Press Play WonderWeek!
- Dream Drawings: Dreams can inspire stories and art; create both with a unique work of art in the style of Jean Dubuffet at Alexander Art Academy.
- Echolocation Flipbook: Explore how bats and mysterious creatures use echolocation to locate their food with your very own flipbook at EcoStation.
- What Do Animals Hear: Listen and learn why some animals have such big ears and make a pair for yourself to enhance your hearing at EcoStation.
- Pop! & Catch: Race against the clock to see how fast you can pop and catch your ball at Junktion.
- Paper Football Champion!: Play against your friends to see who is the ultimate paper football champion at Junktion.
- Ring Toss: Compete against your friends to see how many rings you can make into the goal post at Junktion.
- Just a Minute: Race against the clock and track how much physical activity you can do in just one minute at Math Cart.
- Cardboard Automata: Explore the science of tinkering as you engineer a cardboard contraption at Science Station.
- Starch Testing: Explore how to test for starch in household foods and learn how starch plays an important role in the human body at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Upset Stomach? Discover how your body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Acid Levels in Juice: Strap on your lab goggles and find out how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- Strawberry DNA Extraction: Come experiment with us and learn about the building blocks of life and DNA extraction at Power Science Lab.
- Coding Creations: Code your own Google logo, Star Wars Galaxy or Minecraft game using MIT scratch code software and block programming at Investors' Workshop.
- Laser Cut Valentines: Share the love and create a valentine with a simple circuit at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world