Preparing For The Solar Eclipse Workshop
Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017 – Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017
Are you ready for the Solar Eclipse on August 21st? Join us for a short workshop to explore how a total solar eclipse occurs and learn safe and effective ways to view the eclipse. As a part of this workshop, you will construct your very own Solar Eclipse Pin-hole Viewer!
Available Workshop Sessions. (Limited to 12 children per session. )
- 10:30 a.m.
- Location: Inventors' Workshop
- Age requirements: Recommended ages 6 and up with accompanying adult
- Fee: $5.00 through advance online-only registration per child (this is in addition to museum admission costs)
- Workshop length: 45 minutes
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world