Plan For Your Future WonderWeek
Friday, Apr. 13, 2018 – Thursday, Apr. 19, 2018
If money doesn’t grow on trees, where does it all come from? Learn all about how to earn and manage money. This fun-filled week focused on financial literacy will have you feelin’ like a million bucks with tons of hands-on activities designed to help you make “cents” of money!
- Dream Job Portraits: If you can dream it, you can do it. Paint yourself in the career of your dreams at Alexander Art Academy.
- Save Now, Spend Later Bank: What do you want to save up for? Create your own special bank to save your money at Junktion.
- Build Your Own Crown: Get inspired and build your very own Lego® crown at Junktion.
- Origami Wallet: Fold your own wallet using traditional Japanese techniques at Junktion.
- Bank It: Roll the dice! Make decisions on whether to save or take a risk in order to fill up your piggy bank at Math Cart.
- Magnetic Money!: Now you see it, now you don't! Discover how paper money can be magnetic at Science Station.
- Starch Testing: Discover the importance of starch in your diet and test for its presence in common household items at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Observe a neutralization reaction and learn how our body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Using red cabbage juice come learn how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Learn about DNA and extract it from strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- MakeyMakey Rock Band: program and create your very own musical instruments through programming at Inventors' Workshop.
- Solar Powered Toy Car: To infinity and beyond, drive away into the future with you own solar powered toy car at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world