PJ Masks Meet and Greet
Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019 – Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019
Calling all PJ Masks fanatics! Grab your super-masks and head on over to the Children’s Museum of Houston to meet ALL of your favorite PJ Masks characters, Gecko, Owlette and Catboy during a mind-blowing fan celebration. Gear up and get ready to embark on an adventurous journey of defeating criminals, solving mysteries, and learning valuable lessons with this trio.
Event time: Jan. 26, 2019 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Kids' Hall Alcove
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK:
- Warm and Cool Colors: Learn color theory as you create a vibrant picture with warm and cool colors in Art Academy.
- Catch a Firefly: Race against a friend to catch the most fireflies in this fun board game while learning how these fiery bugs get their light in EcoStation.
- Trees through the Seasons: Build and color your own tree that rotates through the seasons in EcoStation.
- Ice Crystals Crystals: Learn about mathematician Hypatia while creating 3D geometric crystals in Junktion.
- Hand of Fire: Build a fire in the palm of your hand with this sensory activity in Junktion.
- Wings of Fire and Ice: Use hot and cold hues to color wings and pick which is your favorite in Junktion.
- Box It Up: Transform flat shapes into 3D objects in Math Cart.
- Flexagons: Flex these shapes to reveal the hidden sides in Science Station.
- The Olfactory Knows: Is that lavender or old socks? Use your nose to play this smelly matching game in Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Test the pH levels of the foods using red cabbage juice and learn how they can support our digestive systems in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Become a real-life detective by experimenting and extracting the DNA from strawberries in Power Science Lab.
- Starch Testing: Learn how starch is used in our diets and test foods in Power Science Lab.
- Laser-Cut LED Paper Lanterns: Light up the room by designing and creating your own lantern in Chevron Maker Annex.
- Playground Architects: Design and build your own 3D playground in Inventor's Workshop.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world