Saturday, Aug. 18, 2018 – Saturday, Aug. 18, 2018
Calling all fiercest Pokémon trainers! Celebrate Pikachu’s birthday and get energized while you hang out with Pikachu. Don’t forget your camera! Gotta catch ‘em all!
- Pikachu Meet-and-Greet: Get supercharged when you meet not one, but two birthday Pokémon.
- Event time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. throughout the Museum.
- Pokémon Trading Card Workshop: Artist Christian Navarrete will show you how to generate Pokémon trading card illustrations in a 30 minute workshop. Recommended for ages 5+.
- Event time: 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. in Alexander Art Academy. (Onsite sign up begins at 10:30 a.m.)
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
- Create a Planet: Design and name your own planet to add fun to the galaxy at Art Academy.
- Back In A Flash: Be as fast as the Flash with your very own mask at Junktion.
- Pyramid Hologram Projector: Project holographic images of your favorite superheroes by creating pyramid projectors at Science Station.
- Makey Rock Band: Use Experiment with different electrical components as you try to build working circuits at Inventors Workshop.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world