Pi Day Pi(e) Fight
Tuesday, Mar. 14, 2017 – Tuesday, Mar. 14, 2017
ALL EVENTS. ALL DAY. ONE PRICE. ONLY $12!
MARCH 14 IS π (Pi) DAY AND ALBERT EINSTEIN'S BIRTHDAY!
What better way to celebrate one of the most renowned scientists’ birthday than with a little slice of pi – to the face! March 14 is π (Pi) Day and it’s also Albert Einstein’s birthday! The Children’s Museum of Houston is where the original international π (Pi) Day sensation started a decade ago and it has caught on ever since! Come celebrate the infinite, non-repeating number 3.14… as we shut down our street to battle it out in a messy, Pi(e)-induced frenzy showdown during the Children’s Museum of Houston’s 7th Annual Shaving Cream Pi(e) Fight. Get tossed right into the Pi(e) Fight celebration at 1:59 p.m. (1.59 because the numbers follow 3.14159) and get ready for a fun-filled day of all things π (Pi). Our Xtreme Spring Break offers kids and family fun with kid events, activities and live entertainment. Plus, it's all included with the price of admission!
PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR REGISTRATION DETAILS!
- Einstein Appearance: Albert Einstein has decided to spend his birthday at the Children’s Museum of Houston and will make a special appearance. Don’t forget your camera! Event Time: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., all throughout the Museum.
- Shaving Cream Pi(e) Fight: Have a piece of π! Watch as we shut down the street for an all-out shaving cream Pi(e) battle royal. Event Time: 1:59 p.m. on Ewing Street.
- Portable Pudding Pies: Experience the deliciousness of pudding pies by making your own portable vanilla or chocolate pie in celebration of Pi(e) Day! All Day inTree Top. (While supplies last)
- Pie In Your Face: You got some pie on your face! Play this fun and hilarious game to see if you get a pie in your face, or your friend. Event time: 3:30-5pm on Ewing St.
***Activities, events and times subject to change. This event will be cancelled if there are severe weather conditions.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world