PI DAY AND XTREMELY COOL SCIENCE SHOWS
Thursday, Mar. 14, 2019 – Thursday, Mar. 14, 2019
ALL EVENTS. ALL DAY. ONE PRICE. ONLY $12!
March 14 is Pi (π) Day and it celebrates the infinite, non-repeating number 3.14… It’s also the day when the Children’s Museum of Houston’s 9th Annual Shaving Cream Pi(e) Fight will take place. The Museum is looking for children, ages 8 and up, and adults who would like to participate in a messy, Pi(e)-induced frenzy.
PI-fight is limited to pre-registered guests.
- Einstein Appearance: Albert Einstein has decided to spend his birthday at the Children’s Museum of Houston and will make a special appearance.
- Event time: TBA
- Shaving Cream Pi(e) Fight: Have a piece of π! Watch as we shut down the street for an all-out shaving cream Pi(e) battle royal.
- Event time: 1:59 p.m on Ewing Street.
***Activities, events and times subject to change. This event will be canceled if there are severe weather conditions.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world