Photography Workshop: Capturing Nature’s Beauty at Bayou Bend
Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018 – Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018
04:30 PM – 06:30 PM
• $25 MFAH Members
• $30 Nonmembers
Secure your spot in advance! Beginning January 16, get tickets below. The 4:30 p.m. workshop is for advanced photographers. Select 1 p.m. for the beginners workshop.
Led by Elicia Garcia, Houston Center for Photography
Bayou Bend’s glorious, 14-acre gardens provide the setting for a nature-photography workshop introducing digital photographers to the principles of lighting and composition for getting the best pictures from a camera or smartphone. The workshop features a classroom-style presentation and supervised practice time in the gardens. The fee also includes admission for two return visits to Bayou Bend’s gardens during 2018 (some restrictions apply) for the purpose of putting your new skills to use.
The gardens offer a wide range of beautiful settings: formal gardens, bayou woodlands, water features, statuary, and spectacular trees. Flowers blooming in late February often include alyssum, camellias, pansies, and saucer magnolias.
Class meets at Bayou Bend's Kilroy Visitor Center for instruction before proceeding to the historic property. At least 8 participants are needed for the workshop to take place. Questions? Contact email@example.com
- The workshop at 1 p.m. is recommended for beginners.
- The workshop at 4:30 p.m. is recommended for advanced photographers.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- General Admission: MFAH Members-FREE Adult-$15 ($14 Online); Senior (65+) $10 ($9 Online); Youth (13-18) $7.50 ($6.50 Online); Child (12 & younger) FREE; Military (ID Required) $10; Student (ID Required) $7.50 Ticketed exhibitions require an additional admission charge. Free Hours: FREE THURSDAY 10 am - 9 pm
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Enlarge the map to see main-campus parking options, or download the PDF.
Parking update: A new underground parking garage, located on Montrose Boulevard, is now open!
- The outdoor parking lot on Bissonnet, across from the Law Building, is closed permanently.
- Parking is available in two garages: an above-ground garage at 1144 Binz Street, and a new underground garage at 5101 Montrose Blvd.
- Guests with limited mobility: We recommend that you use the covered drop-off lane at the Main Street entrance to the Beck Building, or use wheelchair-accessible parking in the garage at 1144 Binz Street.
Parking Garage Locations
- 1144 Binz Street
- 5101 Montrose Boulevard
Parking Fees*Parking payments may be made only with a major credit card. Also accepted: MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
MFAH Members Visitors 0–30 minutes FREE FREE 31 minutes–4 hours $6 $10 4–12 hours $10 $18 12–24 hours $35 $35
HoursBoth parking garages are open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Oct. 21 – Apr. 29, 2018
The Design Reformation in Europe, 1845–1915: Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Nov. 30 – May. 13, 2018
Reflection and Enlightenment: Chinese Buddhist Gilt Bronzes from the Jane and Leopold Swergold Collection
Mar. 11 – Jun. 10, 2018
Michelangelo and the Vatican: Masterworks from the Museo e Real Bosco di Capodimonte, Naples
Nov. 18 – Jul. 29, 2018
Extravagant Objects: Jewelry and Objets d’Art from the Masterson Collection
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world