Party for the Planet
Saturday, Apr. 20, 2019 – Saturday, Apr. 20, 2019
09:00 AM – 03:00 PM
Party for the Planet Presented by CenterPoint Energy
Join us for Party for the Planet, and learn how protecting our environment helps save wildlife!
All event activities are included with your paid Zoo admission. This event is free for Zoo Members.
We will have plenty of activities, crafts, music, and more to make this Earth Day memorable.
- I SPY Game
- Explore the Zoo looking for ways the Zoo (and you!) helps save animals in the wild.
- Dance Party at the Reflection Pool
- What’s a party without music? Dance, sing, and hula-hoop along with the DJ!
- Reusable Mural
- Channel your inner artist as you color the giant reusable mural. No paper required!
- Ladybug Release
- Meet with a Zoo Horticulturist and learn how you can protect pollinators in the wild!
- Festival of Fun
- Challenge your friends to a game of cornhole, giant jenga, or giant Connect-4!
- Jelly or Junk?
- Hungry sea turtles love to snack on jellyfish. But sometimes, they can mistake a plastic bag for a jellyfish! Take our challenge to see if you can tell the difference between Jelly or Junk!
- Race to Recycle
- We’ll provide you with various items you can guess how they need to be recycled!
- Tree Giveaway
- Centerpoint Energy has teamed up with Trees for Houston to provide a limited supply of tree seedlings for our guests. These will be distributed on a first come first served basis.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Daylight Savings Time, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (last admission 6pm)
Central Standard Time, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (last admission 5pm)
Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, All hours subject to change - See website for more details
Zoo Lights Times: Daytime 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Zoo Lights: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Adults 12-64: $19.95 Children 2-11: $15.95 Seniors 65+: $14.95 Children 1 and under are free. | The Houston Zoo offers free admission to guests on the first Tuesday of each month September through May from 12:00 p.m. until closing. Does not apply to June, July and August.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- The Houston Zoo does not have its own parking lot; free parking is available in Hermann Park. Please note, parking is limited so consider arriving early or using public transportation.
Special Offers / Dining
Wherever you are in the Houston Zoo, you’re never far away from a snack. Cafes, carts and kiosks are located throughout the Zoo and feature items such as burgers, salads, hot dogs, soft pretzels, popcorn, fresh fruit, beverages and more.
Our chefs are constantly working to provide Zoo guests with exciting new options for refreshments. The latest addition includes themed food trucks with a variety of savory and sweet options. Visit the Masakan truck located near our jaguar habitat for Asian inspired cuisine, and our BBQ Americana trailer for smoked meats and classic sides.
The perfect place to grab a quick bite as you enter the Zoo, Macaw Café offers a seasonal rotation of market salads and wraps, sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, fries, and a variety of treats such as parfaits, cookies, trail mix, and fresh fruit.
Herzstein Trading Post
Feeling the need for a sweet treat? Here’s your place. Located at the entrance of African Forest, the Trading Post offers Dole Whips as well as a variety of other snacks and treats, including cookies, large pretzels, and popcorn. You’ll also find beverages like soda, juice and Saint Arnold beer.
Events at Houston Zoo
Oct. 25 – Oct. 25, 2019
Programs & Activities
Special Edition Zoo Sprouts! Spooky Sprout Safari (18-23 months)
Oct. 26 – Oct. 26, 2019
Programs & Activities
Special Edition Zoo Sprouts! Spooky Sprout Safari (4-5 years)
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world