Party for the Planet
Saturday, Apr. 21, 2018 – Saturday, Apr. 21, 2018
09:00 AM – 03:00 PM
Presented by CenterPoint Energy
Saturday and Sunday, April 21 and 22, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Join us for a Party for the Planet presented by CenterPoint Energy, and learn how protecting our environment saves wildlife!
All event activities are included with your paid Zoo admission. This event is free for Zoo Members.
We will have plenty of activities, crafts, music and more to make this Earth Day memorable. Be sure to get your Party for the Planet event program as you enter the Zoo. Activities include:
- APE-ril Maze – Learn how to save monkeys and apes in the wild as you make your way through the maze.
- Scavenger Hunt – Explore the Zoo looking for ways the Zoo (and you!) help save animals in the wild.
- DJ – What’s a party without music? Dance, sing and hula-hoop to the music at the Reflection Pool.
- Reusable Mural – Channel your inner artist on our five-foot-tall coloring mural, a fun reusable art project.
- Race to the Sea – Strap on a (cardboard!) sea turtle shell, avoid predators, and race to the ocean to find food.
- Meet the Keeper Talks Presented by Phillips 66 – Hear special Meet the Keeper Talks throughout the day and find out how we help animals at the zoo and in the wild! Check the Plan Your Day Kiosks or the Daily Schedule on our website on the day of the event for the schedule.
- Ladybug Release – Meet with a Zoo horticulturist and learn how you can protect pollinators. This will be held at the NFL Pollinator garden at the entrance to the African Forest.
- MacGregor Elementary Performance – MacGregor Elementary will present their version of The Jungle Book at the Houston Texans Enrichment Zone in the John P. McGovern Children’s Zoo. SATURDAY ONLY.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Daylight Savings Time, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (last admission 6pm)
Central Standard Time, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (last admission 5pm)
Closed on Christmas Day.
- Adults 12-64 –$16 Children 2-11 – $12 Senior 65+ – $9.50 Children Under 2 – FREE Free Hours: ALWAYS FREE for members and children under 2 years The Houston Zoo offers free admission to guests on the first Tuesday of each month September through May from 12:00 pm until closing. June July and August do not have Free Afternoons.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Parking in Hermann Park and the Zoo's main lot is limited so consider arriving early or using public transportation. Other parking options include using the Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza at 6400 Fannin. This facility charges a parking fee.
Special Offers / Dining
Wherever you are in the Zoo, you’re never far away from a snack. Cafes, carts and kiosks are located throughout the Zoo and feature items such as hot dogs, nachos, soft pretzels, popcorn, fresh fruit, cotton candy, sodas, water, sno kones, Dippin’ Dots, Lemon Chill, and more.
The perfect place to grab a quick bite as you enter the Zoo, Macaw Café offers a seasonal rotation of market salads and wraps, sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, fries, and a variety of treats such as parfaits, cookies, trail mix, and fresh fruit.
Centrally located with a great view of Duck Lake and plenty of shade, Cypress Circle offers an ever-changing menu that includes hamburgers, pizza, hot dogs, snacks, desserts, sodas, a variety of beers, and frozen alcoholic beverages. There are multiple ordering areas, offerings change all the time, and there are more options on busier days.
Visit Twiga’s spacious, cool dining room to snack on everything from hamburgers to salads to chicken tenders. Pizza, a variety of other kids’ options, and snacks like fresh fruit, cookies, trail mix, and more are also available. You can even sit outside and watch the giraffes or rhinos while you eat!
Herzstein Trading Post
Feeling the need for a sweet treat? Here’s your place. Located at the entrance of African Forest, we serve Blue Bell Ice Cream as well as a variety of other desserts, including cookies, brownies, and floats. You’ll also find beverages like soda, slushes, and coffee
Events at Houston Zoo
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world