Our Youngest Artists
Friday, Oct. 18, 2019 – Friday, Oct. 18, 2019
10:30 AM – 11:15 AM
“Using Hands to Print!” inspired by the exhibition Jasper Johns: 100 Variations on a Theme.
• $6 per child for MFAH members
• $8 per child for nonmembers
Secure your spot in advance! Get tickets below.
Adults may attend for free with general admission.
Children and their caregivers are invited to the studio! Learn how artists make different kinds of art as you sing songs and listen to storybooks. Explore art-making with washable, nontoxic materials and then visit the galleries to see the work of art that inspired the day’s program. Recommended for families with children younger than 3.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Feb. 27 – Nov. 8, 2020
Through an African Lens: Sub-Saharan Photography from the Museum’s Collection
Jan. 9 – Nov. 15, 2020
Proof of Concept: Artistic Process in Contemporary Printmaking, Selections from the Museum’s Collection
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world