National Engineers’ Week
Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017 – Wednesday, Mar. 1, 2017
Engineering embraces curiosity, tinkering and imagination. Take your creativity to the next level by exploring the industry that shapes the world around us. National Engineers Week is observed from Feb. 23- March. 1
- Paper Quilling: Learn techniques for creating 3D art from a 2-D material at Alexander Art Academy.
- Nest Engineering: Using natural ingredients engineer a bird nest that can hold eggs in EcoStation.
- Winging It: Discover the different ways animals inspire aircraft as you learn how birds take off in flight in EcoStation.
- Boomerang Bonanza: Investigate the airfoil wing shape at Junktion.
- Catapult Airplane: Slingshot an airplane into the air to make it go farther and faster at Junktion.
- Wood Pecking Bird: Explore potential gravitational energy as you watch a bird peck at Junktion.
- Lego More or Less: Use addition and subtraction to build the tallest Lego tower at ExxonMobil Math Cart.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world