National Engineers Week
Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018 – Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018
Get your gears turning and discover how engineering embraces curiosity, tinkering, and imagination. Take one giant leap and step into the future as we explore the industry that shapes the world around us.
National Engineers Week is observed from Feb. 18- 24
- Paper Quilling: Use your imagination as you learn how to make stunning 3-D paper flowers at Alexander Art Academy.
- Nest Engineering: The early bird gets the worm s you engineer your very own bird at EcoStation.
- Material Nest Matching Game: Discover one of nature's engineering marvels and learn how birds build their nest at EcoStation.
- LEGO® Masks: Shrink yourself and be part of the yellow brick world with your very own LEGO® Masks at Junktion.
- Catapult Airplane: Slingshot an airplane into the air to make it go farther and faster at Junktion.
- Build your own LEGO® crown: Use your engineering skills to create your own LEGO® crown at Junktion.
- LEGO® More or Less: Use addition and subtraction to build the tallest Lego tower at Math Cart.
- Rotocopters to the Rescue: Strap in and get ready to take off as you build and fly your very own Rotocopter at Science Station.
- Starch Testing: Explore how to test for starch in household foods and learn how starch plays an important role in the human body at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Upset Stomach? Discover how your body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Acid Levels in Juice: Strap on your lab goggles and find out how to test the liquid in delicious fruit juice for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- Strawberry DNA Extraction: Come experiment with us and learn about the building blocks of life and DNA extraction at Power Science Lab.
- Coding Creations: Code your own Google logo, Star Wars Galaxy or Minecraft game at Inventors' Workshop.
- LEGO® Zip Line: Design and engineer a LEGO® creation that will test the limits of friction and gravity at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world