NATIONAL ENGINEER’S DAY
Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017 – Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017
Engineering embraces curiosity, tinkering, and imagination. Take your creativity to the next level by exploring the industry that shapes the world around us and come celebrate National Engineer's Day at the Children's Museum of Houston.
- Batman and Robin Character Appearances: Meet-and-greet superheroes Batman and Robin. Event time: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Brown Auditorium.
- Texas LEGO® User Group: TexLUG will showcase their LEGO® model creations. Event time: 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. at Kids' Hall.
- University of Houston National Society of Black Engineers: Engineers will demonstrate the "Engineer and Builder" activity. Event time: 12-4 p.m. in Kids' Hall.
- Maker Annex Workshop: Stop by to program your own LEGO® robot with LEGO® Mindstorms. Event time: 10 a.m.- 6 p.m at the Maker Annex.
- Boomerang Bonanza: Test out the wings of a boomerang during its flight at Junktion.
- Catapult Airplane: Create and launch your own airplane using a rubber band “slingshot” at Junktion.
- LEGO® Masks: Become a LEGO® person when you create this mask at Junktion.
- Paper Quilling: Learn techniques for creating 3D art from a 2-D material at Alexander Art Academy.
- Nest Engineering: Using natural ingredients, engineer a bird's nest that can hold eggs in EcoStation.
- Winging It: Discover the different ways animals inspire aircraft as you learn how birds take off in flight in EcoStation.
- Lego More or Less: Use addition and subtraction to build the tallest Lego tower at ExxonMobil Math Cart.
- Hologram Pyramids: Create a pyramid projector with transparency plastic, tape, and your phone to produce a hologram at Science Station.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world