MID-AUTUMN FEST – Lion Dancers & More!
Saturday, Sep. 17, 2016
Revel in the majesty of the moon and the joys of the harvest and celebrate the Vietnamese Mid-Autumn Festival. Explore Vietnamese and Asian culture!
- Vietnamese Fashion Show: Kids will strut their stuff in traditional Viet garb and compete to win prizes! Event Time: 11 am in Brown Auditorium. There will be three different age groups; 2 to 6 years old, 7 to 13 years old, and 14 to 18 years old. The judged criteria will be outfit, personality, and stage presence! Also, questions from the emcee will consist of name, age, and a simple fun question!
- Vietnamese Story Time: Listen to traditional Vietnamese folktales, like The Man in the Moon. Event Times: 11:15 am and 1:15 pm in Parent Resource Library.
- Spotlight Performance – Lion Dancers: Lion dancers express joy and happiness. Watch them live! Event Times: noon and 3 pm in Brown Auditorium.
- Lantern Parade: Carry your lantern in a traditional parade with your friends and family. Event Time: 1:30 and 3:30 pm in Brown Auditorium.
- Mooncake Tasting: Mooncakes are offered between friends and family. Sample some mooncake! Event Time: 2 pm in New Kid’s Hall (While supplies last)
- Face Painting: Get your face painted in celebration of the festival at Junktion!
- Mid-Autumn Festival Lanterns: Crease, pleat and fold yourself a traditional lantern at Junktion!
- Photo Booth: Capture a timeless keepsake at the photo booth near Junktion!
About the Programs & Activities
- Sky Lanterns: Create a scene of floating lanterns from colorful wrapping paper at Alexander Art Academy.
- How Rabbits Keep Their Cool: Rabbit ears aren't just for hearing - they help them stay cool! Make your own rabbit ears to help you "stay cool" at EcoStation.
- Phases of the Moon Flip Book: Flip through your own homemade book to see how the movement of the moon changes how it appears in the sky at EcoStation.
- 3-D Lunar Phase Model: Construct a 3-D Model to view the many phases of the lunar cycle at Science Station.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world