Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Monday, Jan. 15, 2018 – Monday, Jan. 15, 2018
SPECIAL EVENT $5 GENERAL ADMISSION
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. dreamed for us to live in a world where we would “not be judged by the color of [our] skin, but by the content of [our] character.” Join the Children’s Museum of Houston in honoring civil rights leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and his legacy during our 22nd MLK Day Annual Celebration. Sing African American spirituals. Listen to uplifting, winning words by Gardere’s oratory speech winner. March down Kid’s Hall in celebration of civil rights during our peace rally. Listen to “I Have a Dream,” the speech that changed the course of history.
- Dream of a World: How would you change the world? Lend a helping hand with this MLK Day inspired art creation at Alexander Art Academy.
- Reduce Reuse Recycle: Learn how to make the world a better place by learning important disposal lessons in a fun sorting game at EcoStation.
- Texas Endangered Species Postcard: Help the environment by making an endangered postcard to share with friends and family at EcoStation.
- Matchbox Microphone: Assemble a working microphone and learn about the contribution inventor James West made at Science Station.
- Dream Clouds: Share your dreams of changing the world at Junktion.
- Peace Doves: Create a world symbol of peace at Junktion.
- Star Promise: Take the pledge to be kind and fair at Junktion.
- Martin Match: Create a heart tessellation so that you can share it with the world at Math Cart.
- Starch Testing: Discover the importance of starch in your diet and test for its presence in common household items at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Observe a neutralization reaction and learn how our body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Find out how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Learn about the building blocks of life and DNA extraction at Power Science Lab.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world