MARCHING FORWARD WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Mar. 22, 2018 – Wednesday, Mar. 28, 2018
Change the course of history and stand up as we honor women's brave contributions in history as we celebrate National Women's History Month during our Marching Forward Wonderweek!
- Ladder to the Moon: Howl at the moon and paint a breath-taking masterpiece inspired by Georgia O'Keeffe at Alexander Art Academy.
- Primate Matching: Swing from vine to vine and play a matching game to learn about different primates at Ecostation.
- Dian Fossey Word Search: Discover Dian Fossey and her innovative research by playing a fun word search game at EcoStation.
- I love Dot Pumpkins-Yayoi Kusama: Decorate your own pumpkins with dots just as Yayoi Kusama does at Junktion.
- High Flying Hat-Bessie Coleman: Take flight and daring pilot like Bessie Coleman with your very own aviator hat at Junktion.
- Geometric Crystals-Hypatia: Build your geometric crystals and learn about mathematician Hypatia at Junktion.
- Guess My Number: Play a Guessing Game to figure out what number the other person has at Math Cart.
- Photograph 51: Discover how Biophysisct Rosalyn Franklin contributed to the discovery of the shape and structure of DNA at Science Station.
- Starch Testing: Discover the importance of starch in your diet and test for its presence in common household items at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Observe a neutralization reaction and learn how our body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Using red cabbage juice come learn how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Learn about DNA and extract it from strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Coding Creations: Code your own Google logo, Star Wars Galaxy or Minecraft game using code software and programming at Inventors' Workshop.
- Search Light: Experiment with soldering and simple circuits to light up the night sky with your very own searchlight at Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world