Malia’s Hula Hut Performance
Saturday, May. 20, 2017 – Saturday, May. 20, 2017
Join us for a native Polynesian Dance performance by Houston's own Malia's Hula Hut and make sure to stick around for hula lessons. Don't forget your camera!
Event time: 6 and 7 p.m. at Alcove.
- May 25, 2017 at 1 and 2 p.m. at Alcove.
- Flip-o-Rama: Create your own simple animation from still images in the style of Dav Pilkey, creator of Dog Man and Captain Underpants at Art Academy.
- Bookworms Bookmarks: Read all about worms, then design your own bookmark to save the page in your next story at EcoStation.
- Worm Books: Learn how worms help plants grow as you create your own fold-out book at EcoStation.
- Beautiful and Bright Rainbow Fish: Read the book Rainbow Fish and then design your own beautiful and bright rainbow fish out of paper plates at Junktion.
- Fancy Fruit: Create patterns based on different attributes such as
- shapes or colors at Math Cart.
- Frontiers of Space: Arrange a model Solar System and explore relative distance using Astronomical Units at Science Station.
- Self Defeating Fan Car: Design your car chassis and sail out of chipboard, construction paper, straws and wheels at Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world