MAKER CREW: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Saturday, Apr. 20, 2019 – Saturday, Apr. 20, 2019
Discover the electrifying side of engineering with the Maker Crew in this series of workshops at the Chevron Maker Annex!
In Level 1 you will begin to learn the basic principles of electrical engineering, such as voltage, resistance, and current, as you create your own magnetic circuit card game.
In Level 2 you will learn the basics of Boolean logic statements as you build an "Electric Pyramid."
In Level 3 you will put your knowledge to the test as you build your own pocket-sized electrical circuit!
Upon completion of this Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 workshops, interested participants will be invited to join our brand new Kid's Maker Crew - with exclusive workshops and tinkering opportunities.
Please note that the preceding level(s) must be completed before moving on to the next level. When available, only register for next level 2 and/or 3 if you have completed the previous level(s).
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MAKER CREW LEVEL 1, 2 & 3 WORKSHOP INFORMATION
- Workshop Dates: April 20; April 27-28; May 5 and May 11
- Workshop time:
- Saturday, April 20
- 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. - Level 1: REGISTER HERE
- Saturday, April 27
- Sunday, April 28
- Sunday, May 5
- Saturday, May 11
- Saturday, April 20
- Location: Chevron Maker Annex
- Age requirements: Children 8 and up with accompanying adult (younger siblings will not be allowed in the workshop space.)
- Fee: $5.00 (this is in addition to museum admission costs)
- Workshop length: 90 minutes
**Activities, events and time subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world