Maker Crew CNC Carving
Saturday, Aug. 11, 2018 – Sunday, Aug. 12, 2018
Discover the power and precision of high-intensity tools! Learn how to use cut and engrave a design of your own in our exclusive Kids' Maker Crew event on July 28 and 29 in our Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex workspace.
In Level 1 you will paint, design, engrave and cut your own custom sign in whatever shape you want!
In Level 2 you will design and cut your own Spirograph game to help you draw all sorts of amazing shapes with your favorite writing utensils.
In Level 3 you will create your own Paddle Maze, a handheld game using gravity and a marble to solve a maze!
Please check the Workshop times for each Level below.
Upon completion of this Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 workshops, interested participants will be invited to join our brand new Kid's Maker Crew - with exclusive workshop and tinkering opportunities.
Please note that preceding level(s) must be completed before moving on to next level. When available, only register for next level 2 and/or 3 if you have completed the previous level(s).
CNC CARVING MAKER CREW LEVEL 1, 2 & 3 WORKSHOP INFORMATION
- Workshop Dates: Aug. 11 and 12
- Workshop time:
- Saturday, Aug. 11
- Sunday, Aug. 12
- Location: Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex
- Age requirements: Children 8 and up with accompanying adult (younger siblings will not be allowed in the workshop space.)
- Fee: $5.00 (this is in addition to museum admission costs)
- Workshop length: 90 minutes
**Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world