LIGHTS, SNOW, AND UGLY SWEATERS!
Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018 – Sunday, Jan. 6, 2019
When the holiday season rolls around, fire places light up, heaters turn on, and the pumpkin spice craze returns, ’tis the season to be jolly! The Children’s Museum of Houston invites you to unwrap the holiday magic, spread the joy and bring your friends to the Museum’s “Lights, Snow, and Ugly Sweaters!” winter wonderland that has no end.
Find a whole new reason for the season, come chase the Museum’s colorful lights and dashing colors and bring your loved ones for a warm and toasty escape from the past, into a bright, shimmering, shiny future. Who knows what’s in store!? But make sure you’re on the right list this holiday season starting out by visiting the Children’s Museum of Houston.
Special Holiday Activities:
- Insta-Snow Making: Witness the power of super-absorbent polymers transform into snow before your very eyes from Nov. 17 to Dec. 19 in Science Station.
- Shake your tail feathers and dance to the tunes of DJ Mr. Duke during our Turkey Jam on Nov. 20.
- Spread the holiday cheer as we swap the seasons with Elves on the Shelf on Nov. 21.
- Deck out your tree when you make your own snow globe and LED ornaments on Nov. 23.
- Play in our winter wonderland during the Museum's REAL Snow Days from Dec. 22-26.
- Plus, save $3 off admission when you wear an ugly sweater!
PURCHASE GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS
**Events and times are subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world