Let’s Stick Together
Thursday, May. 17, 2018 – Wednesday, May. 23, 2018
They link, bend, stretch and branch. Discover the unique properties of polymers and how these types of compounds are used to make everyday items.
WHAT'S NEW THIS WEEK?:
- Modern Mosaics: Display your creativity as you arrange small, colorful pieces into an original masterpiece in Art Academy.
- Guide to Native Plants: Identify plants with ease by making your own book filled found in the Houston area in EcoStation.
- Grow a Garden Spinner Game: "Beet" the competition by growing 10 vegetables while outsmarting insects and flooding in EcoStation.
- Rainbow Crown: Discover how rainbows are formed and make one to wear at Junktion.
- Maracas: Make some noise and get shaking! Make a maraca at Junktion.
- Rainbow Brights!: Wear the rainbow and learn about polymer chains when you make your own rainbow loom bracelet at Junktion.
- Magic Sand: Explore the unique propoerties and strange behavior of this fun material in Science Station.
- Starch Testing: Discover the importance of starch in your diet and test for its presence in common household items at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Observe a neutralization reaction and learn how our body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Juice Science: Using two different juices, come learn how to test the juice for acid levels at Power Science Lab.
- Testing Proteins: Find protein presence in different foods using Piotrowski's test in Power Science Lab.
- CAD for Kids: Build your own 3D rendering of whatever you can imagine in Inventor's Workshop.
- Light Doodles: Brighten up your writing by making your own LED pen. Then, capture your doodle on camera in the Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world