“Learning Through Art” Educator Seminar: The Art of Thinking
Saturday, Nov. 2, 2019 – Saturday, Nov. 2, 2019
10:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Educators: Create a culture of thinkers in your classroom by engaging in inquiry-based learning strategies that develop students’ thinking dispositions.
Sign up for this Learning Through Art educator seminar and discover works of art in the MFAH collections while you explore activities that:
• Apply to K–8 students’ understanding of Common Core standards in all content areas
• Include easy-to-implement classroom strategies
• Promote student thinking using specific hands-on/minds-on techniques
Jump into a “collaborative think tank” and receive GT CPE credit, lesson-plan ideas, materials, free MFAH admission passes, and MFA Shop discounts.
• $55 MFAH members
• $65 Nonmembers
Reserve your spot in advance! Get tickets below.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, 12:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Monday: Closed (Except Monday Holidays). Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- MFAH Members FREE
- Adults $15
- Seniors (65+ with ID) $10
- Military (with ID) $10
- College Students (19+ with ID) $7.50
- Youth (13–18) $7.50
- Children (12 & younger) FREE
- Certain special exhibitions are ticketed, with an additional charge.
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
Make visiting a snap! Visit mfah.org/parking for complete parking info, including a map you can download.
Two Parking Garages
Parking Garage HoursOpen daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Parking Garage Fees
- Parking payments may be made only with major credit cards, or with MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
- The first 30 minutes are always free. On Thursday, parking is free for visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- For hourly rates, go to mfah.org/parking
Special Offers / Dining
Paolo Fronza, from Fellini Caffè, runs this sophisticated dining operation. Enjoy an array of Italian-inspired fare with a Texas flair, a European-style coffee bar, a kids menu, and much more at the MFA Café, located on the lower level of the Beck Building.
Events at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Jan. 30 – Dec. 29, 2019
Arts of Islamic Lands: Selections from The al-Sabah Collection, Kuwait
Nov. 19 – Nov. 19, 2019
Conversations with the Director: Gary Tinterow Talks with Author Michael Shnayerson
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world