Introduction to Mindfulness
Tuesday, Mar. 24, 2020 – Tuesday, May. 5, 2020
06:30 PM – 08:00 PM
This six-week series provides an introduction to mindfulness meditation and mindful awareness practices. The series includes science and research on the mental and physical health benefits; guided instruction for sitting, standing, and walking meditation; and practices to be with painful emotions, challenging thoughts, and physical pain.
New research suggests that mindfulness can:
- reduce stress and create a sense of wellbeing,
- improve attention,
- boost immune system functioning,
- decrease anxiety, depression, and physical pain,
- and change the structure and functioning of the brain, including calming areas of emotional reactivity and increasing gray matter in areas of impulse control, judgment, memory, and learning.
The course series draws on the material provided in the UCLA Mindful Awareness Practices course.
Curious to learn more? Please join us for a FREE introduction class on Saturday, March 14, at 1 p.m.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Friday, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Closed Mondays and major holidays
- $310 Members, $360 Nonmembers
Directions & Parking
- Free Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking in Asia Society Texas Center's lot is $5 for 1-24 hours. Entrances on Caroline and Austin. Limited free and paid street parking also available.
Special Offers / Dining
An India-Inspired Café
Enjoy breakfast and lunch at Pondi! Pondicheri's museum café is open for extended lunch hours Tuesday through Sunday with a vibrant and innovative menu featuring everything from butter chicken to saffron shrimp salad and roti wraps.
Tuesday – Friday, 11 am – 5 pm
Saturday – Sunday, 10 am – 5 pm
Events at Asia Society Texas Center
Aug. 13 – Aug. 13, 2020
[WEBCAST] Your Voice and Your Vote: Elevating Asian American Civic Engagement
Aug. 20 – Aug. 20, 2020
[WEBCAST] Has China Won?: A Conversation with Ambassador Kishore Mahbubani
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world