Imagination Reanimation WonderWeek
Thursday, Oct. 12, 2017 – Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017
Join us for an electrifying wonder week where you'll play Dr. Frankenstein and bring ghoulish monsters to life during our Imagination Reanimation Wonderweek sponsored by Reliant during our Halloween Monster Mayhem happening Oct. 11-31. We hope you have a spine-tingling experience that you'll never forget!
- Glowing Monster: Using a stencil of Frankenstein, create a work of art that comes alive under a blacklight at Alexander Art Academy.
- Animal Electricity: Become a snake charmer and use electricity to make a paper snake come to life at EcoStation.
- Have a Green Halloween: Play a matching game where you'll learn all about different types of green energy at EcoStation.
- Freaky Frankenstein & Bride of Frankenstein Mask: Transform into Frankenstein and his bride when you make this terrifying mask at Junktion.
- Wickedly Mad Scientist Wig: BOOM! POW! ZAP! Make your hair stand on end when you make a mad scientist wig at Junktion.
- Mad Scientist Goggles: Do you see what I see? Inspect the unexpected when you engineer your own mad scientist goggles at Junktion.
- Copy Cats: Use shape sense to copy a friend’s picture at Math Cart.
- Hologram Pyramids: Create your own pyramid projector to produce a hologram image of ghastly, ghoulish, Halloween monsters at Science Station.
- Mini-Solar Fan: Build your own solar powered fan for Houston’s hot days and stay cool all year long at Maker Annex.
- Bat Headband: Things are going bats! Join us and create your very own bat headband at Tot Spot.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $5 2 hours - $6 3+ hours - $7 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Cafe, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with fresh salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily - all at low prices.
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world