I HAVE A DREAM WONDERWEEK
Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019 – Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2019
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. dreamed for us to live in a world where we would “not be judged by the color of [our] skin, but by the content of [our] character.” Visit the Museum during our I Have a Dream WonderWeek, where Martin Luther King, Jr., is celebrated and remembered with special events and activities. Don’t forget about your own dreams!
- MLK Day: Join us as we honor civil rights leader, Martin Luther King, Jr., with special performances, appearances and activities.
- Beginning at noon in Brown Auditorium.
- Dream of a World: How would you change the world? Lend a helping hand with this MLK Day inspired art creation at Alexander Art Academy.
- Reduce Reuse Recycle: Learn how to make the world a better place by learning important disposal lessons in a fun sorting game at EcoStation.
- Texas Endangered Species Postcard: Help the environment by making an endangered postcard to share with friends and family at EcoStation.
- Cranberry Chemistry: Conduct acid/base reactions using cranberry juice in Science Station.
- Dream Clouds: Share your dreams of changing the world at Junktion.
- Peace Doves: Create a world symbol of peace at Junktion.
- Star Promise: Take the pledge to be kind and fair at Junktion.
- Egg Carton Shake Up: Be the first person to "shake" to 100 in Math Cart.
- The Olfactory Knows: Play a matching game with your nose and learn the physiology behind your sniffer in Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Extract and examine DNA found in strawberries at Power Science Lab.
- Testing for Reducing Sugars: Utilize Benedict's Solution as you test to see which substance contains the most reducing sugar in Power Science Lab.
- Starch Testing: Discover the role starch plays in your diet and test for its presence in different household items at Power Science Lab.
- Laser-Cut LED Paper Lanterns: Celebrate Lunar New Year as you laser-cut your own paper lanterns in Chevron-Houston Texans Maker Annex.
- Playground Architects: Be the architect behind your very own playground, then bring it to life in Inventor's Workshop.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, Noon - 6:00 pm
Open Monday during Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Summer: Open Mondays Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- General Admission: $12 per person and $11 for seniors 65 years and older. FREE for children under one and Museum Members. Free Hours: FREE FAMILY NIGHT: Thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm.
Directions & Parking
- Paid Parking
- Street Parking
- Parking fees: 1 hour - $7 2 hours - $8 3+ hours - $9 Metered and street parking are available around the Children's Museum of Houston.
Special Offers / Dining
The Children's Museum of Houston's spacious eatery, Fresh Café, offers nutritious eats and treats for any time of day! Enjoy a healthy meal with savory salads, preservative-free sandwich bread and vegetarian options prepared daily – fresh off the grill!
Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
Within Walking Distance
Join the Houston Museum District
Join our mailing list for sneak peeks to upcoming events and insider information on the best museum district in the world